28 April 2012

Quota: Friendship and Love

  • Love is a single soul dwelling in two bodies – Aristotle
  • Love puts the fun in together, the sad in a part, and the joy in heart
  • Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age



  • Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend – Albert Camus
  • A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down – Arnold H. Glasow


  • It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter – Marlene Dietrich
  • It takes a long time to grow an old friend – John Leonard
  • It is important to our friends to believe that we are unreservedly frank with them, and important to friendship that we are not – Mignon McLaughlin

  • Friendship is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything – American boxer Muhammad Ali
  • It is not so much our friends' help that helps us, as the confidence of their help – Epicurus
  • Many a person has felt the great emptiness of the death of a friend ... and been stronger from having loved them – Emil Ludwig


  • It is a true friend who forces you into greatness -- Tony Coffey
  • I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod. My shadow does that – Plutarch
  • It is one of the blessings of best friends that you can afford to be stupid with them – Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give – George MacDonald


  • A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil – Pam Brown
  • Friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine – Thomas Jefferson


No comments: